MUMBAI: Is it the blender? Is the foundation too thick? And how many spritzes of setting spray are really needed? If you find that your makeup tends to crease easily or seems cakey in appearance, the culprit could be one or all of these. For celebrity makeup artist Arti Nayar, ensuring the perfect finish is literally all in a day’s work. Ahead, she shares her best makeup tips for ensuring that the famous faces she has worked on have never walked in front of the lens with cakey, patchy makeup:
The real reason why makeup appears cakey
For starters, you might want to evaluate your foundation choices. Ensuring that your makeup stays in place throughout the day ultimately comes down to understanding the consistency of different formulas that are being applied on your face, and how they work with each other.
How to fix cakey makeup without taking it off
When dealing with the arid wasteland of cakey foundation, it might appear that taking it off and starting again from scratch is the only solution. However, Nayar insists that all hope is not lost yet. Here are her best tips for reviving your makeup into a fresh-faced glow and keeping that dreaded cakey finish at bay in the future:
1. Pay special attention to the formulas you are using in tandem with your skin. If you are using a cream-based concealer for high coverage, top that up with a light liquid foundation that can blend easily.
2. My go-to hack for the perfect rosy glow is to apply a cream blush under the base so that it gives a flushed, natural look and avoids cakiness.
3. Setting spray is your dearest ally for fixing cakey makeup. Take a damp sponge, dab the entire face to remove all the extra powder and cakiness and allow the natural oils to come to the surface. If the cakiness isn’t severe, a gentler measure would be to take a clean powder brush and buff the areas of the face that need attention.
4. Using a completely wet sponge is a big no-no as it does not solve the cakiness. Even when using water-based sprays, it helps to ensure that you aren’t spraying from a close distance as it won’t resolve the issue.
5. To ensure that your makeup doesn’t look cakey in the future, always start with less and build from there. As a rule of thumb, never take a lot of product in the first go. Always use a little and see how you want to build or how natural you want the finish to be.
For more news and updates from the world of television, OTT and movies, stay tuned to TellyChakkar.
Credits - Vogue India